Monday, November 06, 2006

Wow!

So I was super proud of Jacob last week after he scored 2 goals in his soccer game.
Now, however, I am convinced that he has real talent!

We were playing a team this Sat that was really pretty good. They ahd this one little girl that was FAST, and that little cutie was taking it to the goal, left and right.

Our best player was hurt. Our other very talented kiddo was not there.
The "yellow team," as Jacob called them, was runnning the ball down the field, about to score their third goal. Suddenly, you see this little guy with an orange striped toboggan (that would be MY SON!) run out of the herd- with the ball! He takes it ALL THE WAY down the field, and scores a goal for US! The yellow team, and the fast girl, are on his heels the whole way- but he's just a little faster! And he is determined!
I was screaming so hard that thought I'd lose my voice! Cotton was running behind him, not daring to breathe. Lol.
Once the ball flew into the goal- Cotton started hopping all over the field, screaming "That's MY boy! That's MY boy!" he threw Jacob up in the air. We probably did a little excessive celebrating...

So, unfortunately that was his only goal for the game. But he broke it loose exactly in the same fashion at least 2 more times, and took it all the way home, only to miss his shot. The rest of our team was pumped after that first score- and we ended up winning like 7ish to 2. (we don't actually keep score in this 4yo league, but our kids were scoring like crazy!)

It is such an awesome feeling to watch your kid excell! I really had no idea that he was that good!
I am guessing that since we have 2 other players that are *extremely* talented on the field most of time- the rest of the kids just let them handle the ball all of the time. If you take those 2 out of the equation, you get a chance to see what some of these other kiddos can do!

GOOOOOOOO Jacob!

Only one game left! This Saturday at 9:30. I'm really sad to see it end- but there is always next season.

No comments: