Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I cried

Jacob has been drawing these awesome pictures lately. People, cars, hummers, animals... all recognizable!
He brought me this amazing picture of Superman the other night, and wanted me to "put it on the freezer."
I told him to go write his name on it for me.

You see, last week he
brought home a picture of a firetruck from school, and I was amazed to see all of the letters in his name clustered on the corner of the page. I wanted to see him do that again!
So he goes back to the table, and I walk up behind him and see this!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look at that PERFECT name!
Not to mention that Superman, complete with cape- peeking out from the other side no less!!! Red boots, blue supersuit,
a "cross" face (yes, cross=mad, he speaks British from watching Thomas. Lol)
This isn't his most detailed face by far, but the cape coming out from both sides blows me away!


I got extremely choked up, and had to wipe some serious tears off of my face. Ask Cotton, he saw me. I was very emotional over seeing a written word from my child's hand!

When did my baby learn to WRITE!?! And since when can he draw like that?
I am so in awe of my son right now. I just cannot believe the things he can do, the words he can use, the way his little mind comprehends so much!
Not so long ago, he was a BABY. My sweet little baby boy. And now... he is growing up way too fast!

No comments: