Thursday, November 12, 2009

20 months

Every day my little baby looks less like a baby, and more like a BOY.
And he acts as if he's made of rubber and springs... and ENERGY. Oh my.

His vocabulary expands by the day. We are fully into 2 word sentences.
He calls Lucy "Kunkin," and apparently has been for a while, we just didn't understand him.
His newest cutest thing is "Oh." That and the shooshing, where he puts his finger up his nose, purses his lips, and blows through his mouth. But you get the gist, because he does it at the perfectly appropriate times: Daddy singing in a a high voice, mama whining because he says "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" all day, Papa arguing with him, the Wal-Mart cashier telling him not to climb out of the cart... it's hilarious!

Yes, full Daddy-infatuation has taken hold, reducing me to the chopped liver category. Bubba is probably a close second. Emmitt third. He likes me and Kunkin well enough, I guess.

He plays with his trike and "Cheez" aka keys all day, and blows us kisses, waves, and say "Bye-bye, Awuboo!"
And he dances... oh boy can my baby DANCE! He's got moves all over the place, hehe.

And you may notice that my ticker is gone. We have moved on from the "ba-ba's" to the Happy Meals. 20 months, and it seemed we could wean without too much drama, so... yea. Bittersweet. I am tempted every day to give in when he asks, so sweetly, his little hand on my chest.
But then I think... well where would it end? 2 years would be okay, but would he stop as easily next time? Could I handle longer? And I think, probably not, so better go ahead and let sleeping dogs lie, and drying boobs dry. Hehe.

And now I am going to slam you with 2 months worth of Sammy pictures, because I skipped the 19 month update. Enjoy... how could you not?




After a chocolate syrup fiasco that pictures just couldn't capture properly... my oh my...
driving "Daddy's kuck"




I was attempting to get a good shot of his curls...
but he kept turning around and smiling. :-)
Cotton says he "looks like my Uncle Worm" with his hair like this, hahahaha
Can you tell he likes this hat?


Wearing Daddy's whitey-tighties and carrying sister's purse (in his defense he calls it a packpack, hehe)

1 comment:

Chrystyna said...

OMG! He's not a baby anymore!!! We have to get the birthday buddies together. It's been far too long :(