Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy birthday Jacob!


7 years ago, this night, I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. My huge belly squirming all around.
Terrified, excited... my mind just spinning.

"In the morning I am going to be induced. Tomorrow I will be somebody's mom. Wow."

I had no idea how beautiful he would be. How sweet. How utterly perfect in every way he would be when I met him... and remain to be for seven years after that.
Every dream and fantasy that new moms-to-be have, well mine came true.
Jacob is just unreal. He does everything in his power to make me happy. He is gorgeous, well mannered, quiet, smart, affectionate. He never cried as a baby. Never tantrumed as a toddler. He doesn't really argue or talk back or misbehave. When he senses that he has angered me or Cotton, he apologizes. It's unreal. I love him so much. Even if I could find a fault in him, haha, I wouldn't love him any less.
We've entered the era of Star Wars, video games, tackle football, Spanish homework, adult teeth, and a kid so big I can barely carry him.
But he still crawls in my lap and tucks his head under my chin and loves for me to rub the back of his neck. He still wants a happy meal for his birthday lunch. He still wnats to sleep between Momma and Daddy if he has a bad dream.

7 years ago I became a new person. When I looked into that gorgeous little face, studied those tiny little fingers, heard those soft little grunty noises- I became a MOM. And I have poured every ounce of myself into that job for 2555 days now. And it has been worth it.
When I held my new son, a kind of love burst open inside of me that I couldn't have even imagined. You just don't know that your heart is going to rip open like that until it happens, and boy did it happen!

My little baby boy is growing up. I am in awe of his face when I look at him- so mature, so tall... My little chunky Pooh Bear is now this lanky man-child.

To everyone who has little children, please believe me.
Everyone says the time flies, and it sounds cliche, but OMG it is so TRUE!

Happy birthday Jacob Cotton. You may never understand just how much I love you.

No comments: