Wow. I have so much to blog about...
Lucy's birthday and party. Wow. It was a lot of fun!
I didn't even cry! Okay, I teared up a *little* the night before, when we went to dinner and the waiters sang to her. But it was very minor.
Oddly enough- on the day my little "angel" turned terrible 2- my first gray hair popped out of my scalp. Why am I not surprised?
We went to the studio to have birthday portraits done. What a waste of time and effort. They were AWFUL! I think I am going to get my own personal photographer to do some portraits, in exchange for some slave labor on the sewing machine! Lol!
Our first soccer game was cancelled,due to weather. Which is kind of a good thing, since the dumba$$es only sent us half of our uniforms. Next week we play onSaturday and Sunday, and have team pictures on Sat. Fun, fun, fun.
I got hit on in Target! Oh yes, I did! And again today at the grocery store! Before that, I hadn't been hit on in, ummm... 4 years? It's amazing what can happen when you go out without the kids once in a while!
Lucy and Jacob are both making huge strides in the verbal area. Lucy has picked up like 2 new words a day! Jacob is saying all kinds of interesting things, and keeping me laughing.
Speaking of Lucy- we shall from now on call her the double heifer with cheese and bacon. My 2 year old is over 3 feet tall, and weighs 34 lbs!!! WOWZA! I'm not sure where she gets those amazon genes...;o)
I think we will mostly skip 2t's, and move straight to the 3t's!
And is it any wonder that my back is all out of whack? I am carrying around 34lbs half the day, and 70lbs the rest of the day.
I seriously screwed up my feet. I sat with them pressed against a bar on a metal chair for about 5 1/2 hours last night, and near the end of the night, they felt a little sore. This morning when I got out of bed, I fell over 3 times before I could put any weight on my feet. I walked around on my tip toes all day, and now my heels feel better, but the balls of my feet are god-awful swollen!
I am amazed that a person could do that to their feet without noticing!
I had painful swollen feet a couple of months ago too, but that was after spending ALL day in high heeled boots that hadn't seen the light of day since I was pregnant with Jacob!
Lucky for me- we had some pain killers from a neck injury a few months back, and I am feeling pretty darn happy right now (as long as I don't stand up!)
We went to a really cool park with Grandma. Man Jacob loves that woman. It really warms my heart- and makes me miss my Grandma so much. I wish that she could see the kids, and me as a mom, and MY mom as a Grandma. I thnk she would really get a tickle out of all of us. Especially Jacob. Little boys were not really her thing, but he is such a sweet and quiet little guy! I think she would want to keep him and send Lucy "into the woods with a can of spaghetti o's."
We got some cool pictures at the park, and the kids got soaking wet playing in some fountains- Lucy in particular (shocking- I know!) I had to run into Target and buy her some clothes to change into before we went to dinner. :o)
I think that is pretty much all I know for tonight.
My pictures won't upload for some reason, and it is really ticking me off! No pictures tonight, folks. I will try again tomorrow!
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



2 comments:
You got a little wet, when Jacob turned on the water. Poor little guy couldn't figure out how to turn it back off.
um we need some pics!!!
Post a Comment