So Cotton had a little operation this past week.
A vasectomy, to be exact. We are d.o.n.e. with the baby making.
Neither of us has any urge, want, desire, and least of all need for another child.
Our family is perfect and complete.
And I in particular would be tempted to cut out my own uterus rather than house another person in it for 9 months. Pregnancy is not friendly to me (okay, the beginning and the end suck- I like the middle just fine!). Neither is the post partum period, not AT ALL.
But still... it is shocking to be in this place.
To know that we have had our babies, and now we are completely finished. Moving on to the next phase of life. And yeah, for no reason at all, it feels a little sad.
And not only are WE done having babies, but so many of our friends are. At this exact5 point in time, a LOT of my friends are putting a permanent end to their fertility. Done done done.
We all troop forward and leave the procreation to the next generation from here on out.
It's just so odd.
The end of an era. A 7 year era, that feels like it was over in the blink of an eye.
So Cotton is lying around with his bag of peas down his pants. I am babying him and feeling so grateful that he did this to ensure our family stays perfect and the way we planned it.
It is off of my shoulders. No more stress, no more pills, no more counting 28 days from the last one and going "Shit!" No more spending money on yet another EPT. Haha.
And if he bounds up and returns to normal after 3 days I will call him a freak. I watched the procedure, and the looks on his face, and OMG! OUCH! My poor sweet hubby and his poor little vas. Don't let anyone tell you that crap doesn't hurt. I was weak in the knees and I don't even have balls! Ha!
Yet More Feeling Better Girl Lunches
1 year ago



1 comment:
Congrats on taking the plunge! I look at my little baby and think how sad I will be when I no longer have a baby. I love the baby stage. But then I remember my pregnancies and think, thank God I don't have to do that again.
Post a Comment